Let's Get Back in There



So this year, my five year old went to a full time Kindergarten program and I slowly, but surely began the slow march back to full-time employment.  Was it time? Yes.  Do I love what I do? So many yeses.  Did I have a few small panic attacks and was there ever a time where there was a mix-up about who was picking up G-Money at Kindergarten, and I was forced to field a call from a disgruntled after care teacher?  Fo Sho, lovers.  Was there some crippling and unnecessary mom guilt?  Of course.   I am, however, getting back on my game.  I have the after school activities down.  I have my workout schedule down.  I have my food situation down.  I struggle the most with how to pull all of that together into a professional look that works for my whole day.  Can I put on tennis shoes with it and hot step it to the soccer field?  Can I put on leggings with it and lift weights during tennis lessons?

Another aspect of whattoweardom that I find particularly difficult is that I work on a college campus and have so many troubles with the following question:  Does it work if I have to walk her a mile from my car to the office in the pouring rain?  Or if I have to walk to a whole other part of campus for a meeting? I sometimes can't hold an umbrella, because I'm schlepping all my stuff.  Perfect raincoat and boots are imperative.  Also, there must always be a cashmere sweater on hand to combat the air-conditioning in the summer or lack of adequate heating in the winter.  It sounds overwhelming, right?  Or like I should just wear a garbage bag and forget it. However, I am the kind that cannot forget it and I sometimes like to remember it while wearing a fuzzy leopard coat.  (Which I sometimes do and totally enjoy. Get one for yourself!)

I'm one year into full time employment, I do all my food prep on Sundays, I coach track and cross county at my kids school and the Birmingham Marathon nearly killed me this year. Let's all keep our fingers crossed.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Monday: Ridiculous

Outfit Count: FIVE